MLOGD: Software download
The original programmes were described and used in Firth A. E., Brown C. M.,
2005, Detecting overlapping coding sequences with pairwise alignments,
Bioinformatics, 21, 282-92. Since then, I have made a
lot of improvements to increase user-friendliness and versatility
(Firth A. E., Brown C. M., Detecting Overlapping Coding Sequences in
Virus Genomes, BMC Bioinformatics, 7, 75).
You may download the new software below. You can access the old
software and old users' guide (not really recommended) at the old
- mlogd.tar.gz (gzipped tar file
containing all programmes together; 300 kB).
- Directory (all individual programmes).
- Note on adding new amino acid, codon
and nucleotide mutation matrices, or changing the genetic code.
Return to MLOGD home.
The programmes are written in C++ and should run under any
LINUX/UNIX-like environment (including MacOS-X X11). You will need a C++
compiler and the ability to run C-shell (csh) scripts. You will also
need to install the publicly-available packages, R and
EMBOSS. See README for
installation details and links to R and EMBOSS
- You must agree to the Terms of Usage
before using any of this software.
- If you use this software for publications, please cite Firth A. E.,
Brown C. M., 2005, Detecting overlapping coding sequences with pairwise
alignments, Bioinformatics, 21, 282-92 or
Firth A. E., Brown C. M., 2006, Detecting Overlapping Coding Sequences in
Virus Genomes, BMC Bioinformatics, 7, 75.
- Queries or comments to Andrew Firth (aef24cam.ac.uk).
- AEF gratefully acknowledges funding from the Foundation for Research,
Science and Technology, grant number UOOX0304.